Thursday, January 22, 2015

PA Gaming influences: Escape from New York

There are many things that have influenced my gaming over the years. But this movie definitely impacted how I played and ran my Post-apocalyptic games.
My collection
If you haven't read the novelization of the movie I would highly suggest it. Gives a bit more depth to Lee Van Cleef's character: Bob Hauk. Also you get to find out what the heck happened to "Fresno Bob"! It also covers a bit more of Snake's actual military history. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the movie, the novel is just a cool bit of added spice on an already awesome dish.

Many player's in my Gamma World games ran across the "crazies", those underground dwelling cannibals that bang on manhole covers to announce their arrival! No better treat for a GM than when you bang on a metal pole and tell everyone they hear that sound from somewhere down a dark alley, and the players scramble for a hiding spot!

Snake scouts the ruins.

So next time you're getting ready for some Post-apocalyptic gaming, add a bit of atmosphere from this movie to your setting and watch the player's start looking for a Chock full a' Nuts to hide out in!


No comments:

Post a Comment